What Is SEO And Why Is It So Important For Your Business?
A single search can generate billions of results in one second. Out of all those results, how could a consumer possibly find your website in the sea of information that is Google?
The answer to that is Search Engine Optimization – often shortened to SEO. Understanding and taking advantage of SEO can elevate your website’s position in a Google search, allowing consumers to redirect back to you more effectively. There are no drawbacks!
Before tackling your website’s SEO, there are a few terms you should become familiar with –
- H1 Tags can be considered the big topics of your content. Some keywords that would draw this specific article up towards the top of Google would be “SEO” or “business”. It is a good idea to base your keywords off the title of your content.
- Keyword Density refers to how often your content carries a certain keyword. Your website will be further optimized by using keywords in bodies of content in addition to titles.
- Meta Description when Google provides links to all their results, they also provide descriptions that are roughly 150 characters to summarize the content. Keywords should be used in this description too.
- Permalinks are the URLs that link directly to your website from the search engine. These are unique and are most useful when they feature keywords.
- Backlinks are the URLs that link directly to your website from another website. If your website was featured on a site with a large following, Google will value that mention and consider you higher on the results feed.
- Paid Rankings are the spaces on Google’s front page when a certain search is made. Certain keywords can be more expensive than others, so be well-informed if you plan on making advertisement position purchases.
SEO is so helpful for your site when it comes to customer traffic. Like any marketing endeavor, this requires work. It can be a tedious process in the beginning, but you will soon realize the longer you have been optimizing, the faster the process becomes. Shortly after you master the art of SEO, you will be sure to see an increase in clicks!