Everything You Should Know to Get Started With Smart Shopping Campaigns
Get your small business out there with Smart Shopping Campaigns! For those unfamiliar, these are a combination of Shopping and display remarketing campaigns. Smart Shopping Campaigns also use automated bidding and automated ad placement so you don’t have to micromanage the process.
HOW IT WORKS
Google’s machine learning takes the data you already have (existing product feed, assets, etc.) and shows your ad across various networks. The system will pull the most relevant ads and push them towards the networks that will receive them best. These networks include …
- Google Search Network
- Google Display Network
You can get in on Smart Shopping by setting up a few preferences.
- Set up Conversion Tracking with transaction-specific values allows you to keep track of ad success.
- Add a Global Site Tag to your site and have 100 active associated users. (Tip: if you link your Google analytics, it may make this process easier)
- You will need to meet the requirements for Shopping campaigns and follow the listed policies.
TYPES OF ADS AND WHERE THEY CAN APPEAR
There are few types of ads Smart Shopping campaigns are compatible with. These include…
- Product Shopping Ads
- Local Inventory Ads
- Display Ads (including remarketing)
Smart Shopping campaigns use technology called “automated ad creation and placement” which means the system helps you generate the most successful ads. These ads are tailored to a user’s engagement in order to help them find a product/service they will be interested in.
Reports can be one of the most helpful parts of a system. Smart Shopping gives you data through conversation value and ROAS reporting. you can section off these reports by attributes like product, category, or custom label. You can then decide what parts of the campaign need rewiring and focus your efforts accordingly.
When running a Smart Shopping campaign you should be sure to…
- Budget based on previous performance
- Use Target ROAS to set limits and goals for your campaign
- Add as many products as the guidelines allow to your campaign
- Make sure your Assets look legitimate
- Allow time for the system to Adjust in terms of gathering enough data, taking into account other factors, and taking into account conversion rates.
If you want to learn more about the different systems Google can offer your small business, be sure to check out our blog post on How People Can Find Your Site!